randomer123
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2018
4 hugs
given
Default Apr 19, 2019 at 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviza View Post
Sounds kind of ocd to me. I'd mention to your psychiatrist and therapist and possibly get started on treatment for it.
I don't have a therapist and don't want medication. I know I can sort this out eventually.

I've been thinking about this and something I've realised is that I have so much to do (housework, chores etc) that I don't have much time for hobbies. I don't make time for them, and if I do that means they have to be scheduled in as tasks in my todo list. Todo lists should only contain things that are chores. My housework and all them other little tasks, things that I need to do. Then I need to get as much as possible done and out the way with in the morning, so then I should have time to do hobbies. This means I need to get up early every morning, which I've done today and yesterday. Got up before 7 both days and I've felt so much better and more organised.

But there is so much I need to do right now that the days are full of that. A lot of it is stuff that wont need doing again (not general housework) so if I can get all that done, then I'll only have recurring housework and other things that come up. Then I should have the time after/around those to do what I want.

Today I did quite a bit of reading and some drawing, and will do a bit more of both later. But tomorrow and Sunday I'll be busy (and out on Sunday). But I need to remember that I can do hobbies on Monday, no big deal and no rush! I definitely need the lists to stay organised and so I don't have to remember them. And at least I don't put due dates on them anymore (unless, of course, it's a library book).
randomer123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote