View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Apr 19, 2019 at 05:13 PM

I hope you have a lift in your mood soon, exclamationpoint. Maybe give it a little extra time.

I do have a pretty solid history of spring upswings. In recent year, with the exception of last year, they have been fairly mild but quite pleasant. They have required increases in my antipsychotic, but were managed. I mention last year as an exception because I became full blown manic with a brief psychosis last May. The mania started in mid May and reached its head at the end of May. It was a scary horrible situation. I felt really bad for my husband who had to endure it. Luckily I did avoid hospitalization, but I needed emergency appointments with my psychiatrist.

Most of my psychiatric hospitalizations for mania or mania with mixed features were in the spring. I even spent my birthday (in mid May) in the psych hospital once. They actually made it pretty darned nice, considering. They had a surprise party for me, with a cake, and many of the other patients gave me pieces of art they had created in art therapy. One patient gave me a Mickey Mouse watch. I have no idea where he came up with that, but it was touching. I remember also being in the psych hospital over the 4th of July, but no other holiday.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky