View Single Post
Medusax
Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2017
331 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 19, 2019 at 07:22 PM

I like makeup and I LOVE nails and colorful hair. The manicures these girls are getting today are astounding. HOWEVER.....................
Not only am I no longer young, but my hands are not pretty enough to call attention to them in that way, and the life I lead and the job I have are not conducive to having them anyway. On the subject of makeup, it was forbidden in my house until we were 18, and even THEN, you were disparaged for putting it on. ("In MY day, only hookers and actresses wore makeup") Naturally, I did the whole sneak it on at school and stuff, but a few times I forgot to take it off and had to then sneak into my house. Then occasionally it would not wash off all the way, etc. So, because of that...it became more of a worry than a joy. Even though as an independent adult I could walk around with orange foundation and purple stripes if I chose, the idea that it is more trouble than it is worth is all that is left of it. I was the one who went out with my more attractive friends and helped then look good. I like makeup ads in magazines simply for the artistic way they are presented. TBH, I don't even have a tube of mascara anymore. Do you like the off-color lipsticks? I think they are neat.

Thanks for this!
KD1980