View Single Post
justbreathe1994

Member Since Dec 2015
123 hugs
given
Wink Apr 19, 2019 at 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP_2017 View Post
I can relate to a lot of what you wrote in the end, about the wants of more and uncertainty etc. It's sure awful

You are very brave, I could never have shared something so personal on a public forum, so kudos to you.

You don't have to answer but how did things end with her? I feel like I missed the story.... just wondering if it was a situation like mine or something else
Thank you DP. I appreciate it. I have been listening to a lot of podcasts about heartbreak and break ups (I know the relationship wasn’t technically “romantic” in any sense, but the grief feels the same to me), which say it’s not healthy to hold onto hope because it can prevent people from moving on. I understand logically, but at the same time, I feel like hope is the only thing that helps me get through the days without crying. I don’t know whether it’s going to be helpful to hold onto or not in the end, but it seems to help and make me feel better right now. I understand that I have to be in a place where it won’t devastate me if I don’t ever talk to her again if I ever CAN talk to her again. Hope is hard for me to let go of because what if there really is a chance she’d talk to me again? Do you hold onto hope when it comes to reconnecting with your ex T in the future? Do you think it helps or inhibits your grief and letting go?
justbreathe1994 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote