View Single Post
Photonate

Member Since Apr 2019
111 hugs
given
Default Apr 19, 2019 at 10:57 PM

Hello. I hope this is the most appropriate place to post this thread, it is mainly about coping with an emotion (hopelessness) so I figured it would be, anyways...

I'm a diagnosed schizophrenic, and of course suffer from depression, with (often overwhelming) hopelessness, among other things. Various reasons contribute to the depression, but my main cause for hopelessness, is things such as schizophrenia, paranoid delusions etc. coming with the charming "incurable but treatable" tag...

I can not illustrate how disheartening and crushing it feels everytime I think about or am told this. Why? Simply put, because I personally can't just 'cope' or 'deal with' the delusions and things I face, for the rest of my life. I just can't. I've already had times when wanting/trying to end my life was a problem, and it's only been around 4/5 years now. So just learning to 'cope with' my particular case, for the rest of my life, is out of the question.

I've told this to my therapist, and she just considers dealing with chronic psychological illness similar to dealing with a chronic physical disease, and that "many people go on to live quality lives". But, this still doesn't manage to really provide much comfort or hope for me personally... I guess I'm just looking for some other opinions or thoughts - that maybe even manage to change this attitude towards coping - although I doubt anything really will..
Photonate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
StripedTapir

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks