View Single Post
Anonymous41422

Default Apr 20, 2019 at 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Who says I do not think his posts are insightful? I do not know why you are upset with me saying I do not comprehend what he means. I didn't know there was context or subtext I was missing and I was unaware that I was supposed to know there was- I do not look for the context or subtext of every single person that posts. I certainly do not want to seem like I am policing anyone. He obviously didn't like therapy or have a good experience so I was confused about why he chose to post. If you are saying he means to post to inform others about what happened in his experience then I wish he would share more about what he means. I struggle sometimes with understanding social cues and what people mean. I certainly didnt mean to ad hominem attack anyone. I do not think its nice to imply that I am not intelligent enough to understand his posts. I have had my own bad experiences with therapy and I try and share about them in the threads about harmful therapy- I didnt realize this section was also for that.
Bud- my apologies for misunderstanding the intent of your post or the context behind it. I didn't realize what you were trying to say- I am human.
Ok so socially- saying “I don’t understand why you post on this forum” comes across much differently than saying “I don’t understand what you are trying to convey with this post”.

The former implies judgment and that someone is not welcome to post on a forum. With the latter expressing curiosity in what the person is saying.

I’m not trying to be patronizing - but with difficulties reading social cues, it might be confusing understanding the source of angry or rude replies to the way you word your posts. Not justifying anybody or anything, just trying to help.

I’m not too concerned myself with how anyone else posts - if I don’t like what I read I try to disengage (esp if I am clashing with someone), or I do not reply at all. Confrontation and arguing stresses me out. I’m also slowly learning where to post in this forum and how to post - I.e. trying to read what a person is looking for when asking for help, and if I don’t feel like I can offer anything constructive I pass. It can be tricky ground.

Last edited by Anonymous41422; Apr 20, 2019 at 08:14 AM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
koru_kiwi, missbella, sarahsweets, stopdog