View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 20, 2019 at 12:00 PM

I believe that helping others is one of the most rewarding things you can do for yourself and others. Through AA I get to work with other addicts and volunteer in a women's prison. I've spoken at rehabs and generally try to be kind. I would not be able to maintain my recovery if I didnt have the opportunity to work with others. The best way to get out of your own head and not focus on yourself negatively is to help others. Sharing your own experiences makes you relatable and helps keep you grounded and self aware. As long as you are not neglecting yourself- and your body would give you warning signs like illness, fatigue and depression- I feel like your lifestyle works for you. What about yourself does your family think you should be working on? Does what they think matter enough to you that you would stop doing what you are doing? Do you think you are unfulfilled or overextended? I feel like you would know this. I personally think you seem to be doing all the right things that are meaningful to you.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
BipolaRNurse, bizi, MickeyCheeky