Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,627 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 20, 2019 at 02:15 PM

Hello ladies of the PC forum.

I am not throwing stones in any way, shape or form because I have had my own self-esteem issues and self-respect issues, especially when it came to some of the men I chose.

But I see several women on here with this issue, particularly with regards to the men they choose to get involved with.

It pains me to see this happening. It pains me that it happened to me, where I allowed my self-esteem and sense of self to be crushed by some man who, in the end, wasn't worthy of my love, heart OR attention in any way.

Please, if a man disrespects you repeatedly, please walk away from him. Please do not try to change him. Please do not hope that he will improve, "see the light" or suddenly respect you because you've said "ouch, that hurts me", or because you've tried to obtain his respect by explaining yourself over and over again, and by defending yourself repeatedly to him.

When you find yourself defending your very character in any way to any man, or if you find yourself defending & fighting for your rights to BASIC human decency, kindness, equality, and RESPECT within a relationship, PLEASE walk away from him. Not just walk, but RUN.

Please do yourself a huge favor and do not hope that he will change for you. He will not. He will treat ANY woman this way, not just YOU. ANYONE.

If I could have told myself this years ago, I could have saved myself from a lot of pain, tears, anguish and personal therapy.

I just hate to see women hurting themselves needlessly. Better to be alone and lonely than in pain and hurting immensely within a relationship.

Love should not hurt. Love should not bruise. Love involves RESPECT and love should be an enhancement to one's life, not a detraction and a derailment.

HUGS to all women on here.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Fuzzybear, LadyShadow, Lilwren, Miss P, TishaBuv

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Blknblu, LadyShadow, lightly toasted, Lilwren, Miss P, romantic rose