View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Wink Apr 20, 2019 at 02:38 PM

I wish I knew what to tell you about this. I don't have schizophrenia. But I've struggled my entire life with my own mental health challenges. And I'm 70 years old now.

I wish I could tell you that your condition really is curable despite what your therapist has said. But the fact is, while I may doubt it, I really don't know. You wrote that learning to cope with your condition for the rest of your life is out of the question. But I don't know what the alternative is... well I do… but assuming you don't really want to go there... (I've made 2 major attempts in that direction in the past.)

In my life I've just kept putting one foot in front of the other, so to speak. Growing up, many years ago, my father used to say: "You're not required to like it. You're just required to do it." I've taken that as my mantra. And, in the end, although day-to-day life has sometimes been a struggle (who's isn't?) I've ended up in a pretty comfortable place. That's about all I can say. My best wishes to you...

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote