View Single Post
Gymgirl71

Member Since Jan 2015
6 hugs
given
Default Apr 20, 2019 at 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetcarBlanche View Post
Yes, divine1966 that's correct. So many bad marriages b/c the wife or husband allows themselves to be abused and they won't self-advocate to leave the marriage due to fear of the unknown, no matter who knows or warns them. It is very unfortunate that many people choose to "settle" with an abusive spouse, rather than be single and work on themselves. This is the only life we've got, and every day is a new day to start over and try again. Maybe I'll never recover from my childhood abuse despite the therapy and you know what, if that means I"ll be single for the rest of my life, I'm ok with that. I'd rather be safe than "settle" into an abusive relationship with a man because I value myself more than being tied to a man who is going to verbally abuse me.
I think I was so afraid of being single so I continued the charade..I wouldn’t mind dating at some point, but I want to be able to spot a red flag and just say NO! and walk away..no excuses. My therapist told me this..and I’m supposed to be reading this book.

I realized the reason I panicked last night when he kicked me out was due to my abandonment issue also..a healthy person would be like ok! And cut ties. Because you aren’t going to disrespect me like that and think I’m going to ever step foot in your house again much less ever see me again. First time you are disrespected game over
Gymgirl71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48672

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes