View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,262 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 20, 2019 at 08:59 PM

I've lost between 25-30 lbs in the last year, and that's with quite a few stops and starts and inconsistency. I'm starting to get to a place where I can be consistent and starting to feel consistently stronger and more active. It's very hard to do when you can't give it 100% of your focus and just have to shift things in your lifestyle gradually and deal with chronic health issues. But I feel like I will lose all the weight I gained starting with my first hospitalization in 2014 by the end of this year. Even my slip ups are not really slip ups, they just are slight deviations, like once a week having a higher calorie day or having a piece of cake or something very occasionally. I actually have gone down a size in my clothes, but I can't replace them all yet, so I'm just using belts, etc., to make things fit for a bit. One more size and I can shop in normal department stores again. Sometimes I can right now with some stores that go up to size 16, but one more size and I can shop pretty much anywhere because most places (aside from like high fashion) go up to a 14. I want to get down to a size 6 again, which is what I was in 2014. I'm getting there. It's kind of happening more consistently and faster now that I've moved and some things are better for me in other ways. It's a lot easier to get exercise where I live now. My daily walking mileage has gone from 3 miles to 5-6 miles a day, just with natural activity, not counting actual working out.

Right now my next goal is getting under 200. I'm really close, and I'm hoping by end of May to make it happen. It should happen before then but I'm giving myself some padding.

Seesaw

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...