View Single Post
H011yHawkJ311yBean

Member Since Mar 2019
Default Apr 21, 2019 at 04:29 AM

Usually when a patient becomes attracted to their therapist, it is because of something called
“transference.”

I attempted to post something from psychcentral, but I see it is not allowed. So if you Google transference yourself, and see search results for psychoanalysis or psychology, check that information out.

It’s natural and not a bad thing to be attracted to your therapist, but you need to think about how you are going to address this. I prefer what others have mentioned: let your therapist know what you are feeling or what you are thinking of doing.

I’ve felt the attraction to my therapist, however it sort of evolved into a strong relationship with trust and I really admire him. I never told him how I felt because I knew what it was and just kind of acknowledged it to myself and was aware of it... I’m married and he was married... So I didn’t want to chance messing life up for both of us. And I didn’t want to have to be referred to a different therapist either.

I wish you well and urge you to think about what is really important in your relationship with your therapist before you act on your thoughts/feelings.
H011yHawkJ311yBean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote