Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
2,609 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 21, 2019 at 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJohn View Post
One of the things I find that sometimes helps is if you log out of the forums, quit out of your browser completely and restart it, then log back into the forums and chat.

The chat software we use is no longer actively developed. This is a problem we keep coming across time and time again with these chat platforms -- the developers walk away from the project or service. We can always move to another one, but we know how much members hate changes like that. And we find that virtually every chat platform has its share of glitches for some members.
I do this about 30 times a day bc of how much this happens. And "30 times" may actually be less than the number I relog rather than an exaggeration. I may just go back to not using chat at all bc I am not willing to risk my physical health on top of my emotional, but some of the friends I have in chat do not use the forums so I would also be losing friends which I don't really see as fair. But then again life is not fair - and this world is even less fair. This is your site, make the decision you want - I just wanted you to know relogging works for less than a minute at times. Thanks.