Grand Magnate

Member Since Jul 2018
16.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 21, 2019 at 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvyrself View Post
Well this is funny that my name here is luvyrself. Loving yourself first means that you have healthy self esteem, eg confidence in yourself so that you dont feel like a black hole without a significant other. You might have great respect for yourself yet still feel lonely,but you still enjoy life when you are alone.
The reason this comes up all the time is that when we go into a relationship without a healthy regard for ourselves, our lack of self esteem is likely to hurt the relationship, eg suck the life out of it,create problems.
We cant always choose what order our needs will be met in life. Sometimes we might meet a partner before we have a career or some other kind of fulfillment, but I think things go much more smoothly in a relationship when we are first more fulfilled on our own.
Thanks for posting.

I have a healthy relationship with myself until I come onto contact with a potential suitor.

I seem to like emotionally unavailable men. It goes wrong then I am back to square one trying to pick myself back up.

I am not sure why I can't feel happy with someone who is available?
Thirty shades is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote