View Single Post
AliQ

Member Since May 2016
Default Apr 21, 2019 at 06:51 PM

I'm not sure if anyone could answer this question but I've been wondering why my sisters were verbally abusive throughout my childhood and to some extent even today as adults. Why was I chosen to be at the brunt of personal insults out of the blue? As far as I'm aware I did nothing, nor was I the favorite child in the family. My older brother was always on a pedestal so I'm confused as to why I was always a target?

Ever since we were kids I was always the victim of personal insults out of the blue and for no apparent reason. I'm minding my own business and the personal insults just came out and to be honest they still do on occasion and it's primarily from my sisters and I have four. I'm 31 now and I've come to develop Avoidant Personality Disorder but I've been thinking a lot as to why my siblings would constantly abuse me in particular? My brother in comparison was seldom a target, it was always me. I just tolerated it and rarely said anything, I don't know if I was an easy target. I don't know if it's because I have genuine flaws or if it's jealousy.

It's very confusing and I'm still trying to figure out what the reasoning behind it was. We were all emotionally abused mistreated by my stepmom but I did nothing to them. They would always put me down no matter what I did, even when I told them It hurt my feelings the reply was "We are just joking." Was I just being overly sensitive? Maybe this is just normal in most households but I still wonder why it's always me and not my two other brothers. We had a big fight once in which I was the abuser but that was years after the verbal abuses so It certainly couldn't be due to that.
AliQ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote