FriendlyJoe

Member Since Nov 2018
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 21, 2019 at 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TipsyTurtle View Post
Hi. The diagnosis on my wife’s bills have always stated Bipolar Unspecified, or Bipolar Not Otherwise Specified. This diagnosis has never been discussed with my wife, instead he talks about vague things that I can’t even look up, like Bipolar Disorder w/Borderline Traits Caused by trigger. I see the same doctor and he basically told me she doesn’t have Bipolar but rather Borderline Personality Disorder. The problem is my wife really has no clue about what her actual diagnosis is. So if I bring up anything specific related to Borderline, I’m accused of “psycoanalizing” by my wife. This vague diagnosis and my wife not knowing exactly what’s going is causing all sorts of stress. If the billable diagnosis is Bipolar Unspecified, shouldn’t my wife be told this?
I totally agree with, Innerzone. The bill might be or not be insurance billing but why do you care so much? I don't talk to my wife about my sessions with my pych and I don't want to. She already said you're psychoanalyzing her. But you keep pushing the issue which could be triggering unnecessary stress from her. From my experience when my wife was all in my health privacy I had to tell her to back the F off or I'm moving out. I have my boundaries and don't owe anyone an explanation. No one expect who I live with knows about my mental health and this website.

I'm very surprised the dr talked to you about her mental state. That's a HIPPA violation and extremely unprofessional regardless if you pay the bill.

Now to answer your question, yes she should but are u present at her sessions? She might want to keep that part of her life private. Just because your married doesnt mean you have to tell your spouse everything. I'm married and I have my stuff that I keep private and don't want to talk to my wife about. Seems clear she doesn't want to talk about it when she said you're psychoanalyzing.

Just want to inform you about the exact situation my wife and I dealt with 2 years ago. Things are better now that she doesn't ask me about my sessions or mental state. It took a good year of fighting but i finally got what I wanted. Silence and privacy on that subject. Hope this helps coming from someone that already passed this moment in my own life.
FriendlyJoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote