View Single Post
TheNightWhistle

Member Since Mar 2019
44 hugs
given
Default Apr 21, 2019 at 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetcarBlanche View Post
Introspection and reflection are a necessary part of our lives, when we need to take time to figure out what's working and not working in our lives.

I don't know if you're codependent but you may want to explore what your system of values or core beliefs are with a therapist, to determine why you find yourself in one-sided friendships with people. Once you figure out the reasons why you allow that to happen you can take the steps needed to stop that pattern with your interpersonal relationships. It's all about the pattern. The universe is made up of patterns, so it's figuring out which patterns benefit you, and which ones don't benefit you. Does that make sense?
Thank you for the very insightful advice. The whole basis of therapy is identifying patterns in our lives that make it the way it is, and then changing them right? I don't think i'm codependent but other peoples' opinions can really affect me, if they're from somebody I care about. I'm easily persuaded by people into doing things because I worry that if I say no, I'll be killing the mood or something. I have to work on saying no and sounding like I mean it.