FriendlyJoe has no updates.

5 yr Member
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 21, 2019 at 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRT6211 View Post
Hey all. So I have bipolar disorder, type 2 (as well as BPD and GAD, but those aren’t the problem right now, really). Unfortunately, the weather change this time of year weirdly plunges me into a hypomanic episode...every year...I’m managing it for the most part, haven’t done anything awful yet, been using skills. But...I’m having an AWFUL time focusing and I’m ridiculously behind in school because of it. I can’t get my brain to just quiet down and focus. I just got an increase in my Lamictal 2 days ago, so hopefully that will help, but for now...what skills or techniques do you suggest? Anyone with bipolar figure out how to regain focus during mania? Taking more time off from studying isn’t an option. I’m a med student, school is too rigorous for that and I’ve already lost so much time. I’ve tried meditation and stuff, but honestly I can’t even think of which skills would work here...I am not particularly distressed or emotional. Probably mindfulness, but I’m so bad at it. [emoji53] Adding to my anxiety is that my therapist is out of town for the next week.

Anyway...any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
You might see another dr. BP2 cant have a full blown manic episode but only hypomanic and depression. Its literally the core symptom of BP1 to have manic episodes over just hypomanic episodes and to be BP2 you cant ever have had a manic episode. See below.

Specialty: Psychiatry
Synonyms: BP-II, type two bipolar, bipolar type two

Overview

Bipolar II disorder is a bipolar spectrum disorder (see also: Bipolar I disorder) characterized by at least one episode of hypomania and at least one episode of major depression. Diagnosis for bipolar II disorder requires that the individual must never have experienced a full manic episode (unless caused by an antidepressant; otherwise one manic episode meets the criteria for bipolar I disorder).
FriendlyJoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote