View Single Post
TheNightWhistle

TheNightWhistle Nothing but love to give

5 yr Member
44 hugs
given
Default Apr 21, 2019 at 11:38 PM

My biggest fear has to be social media. The only profile I have is Facebook but I'll post something like once a year. Before I post something I get a feeling very similar to stage fright, and then I just abandon the post. The idea that hundreds of people are viewing my posts, and forming opinions about them, and probably talking about them amongst themselves makes me very anxious. This fear is honestly unfounded because every time I post a new photo of myself, I get quite a few likes and "reactions". I just can't help it.

I'm constantly asked by people "Why don't you have Instagram? It's how you can keep up with the latest things! How do you even stay in touch with people?!" I also just read an article that said that potential employers will go on a candidate's Facebook profile to get more information about them, and if they don't even have a profile, they might assume the candidate is some kind of serial killer.

The point is, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. On one hand, I feel like not having Instagram and Facebook profiles makes you a social outcast. On the other hand, I'm so afraid of it.

Does anyone have any tips on how to overcome this fear? I haven't really spoken to anybody about it because they'll probably think it's ridiculous.

Hugs from:
MrsA, Serpentine Leaf

Thanks for this!
Rouge0, Serpentine Leaf, Skeezyks