15 yr Member
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 22, 2019 at 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaitlinNoGoYea View Post
How does DID affect your life?
I didnt recognize your name so I read your profile and past posts...

DID is a lot different than your mental disorder (schizophrenia)

DID is a dissociative disorder that begins in very early childhood and affects a persons whole life in every aspect of life....

heres an example....

any time it stormed (rained thundered ....) I would dissociate (feel numb spaced out and disconnected) then my alter rainy would be in control to take care of that.

it did not matter whether I was with my friends, in school, which grade or class I was in, whether I was at work, at home, enjoying school functions, or just hanging with my friends. if a storm was happening I was dissociated.

according to your past posts you are into drugs and alcohol and dont care about whether or not you are throwing your life away...

DID is different. its a protection/ survival thing where drugs and alcohol use has to be ruled out as a problem, and surviving / staying alive at all costs is what its about.

my suggestion if you think you may have a mental disorder different than what you are diagnosed please contact your treatment provider. they will explain to you how and why you are diagnosed with what you are diagnosed with and why you are not diagnosed with DID. they can also get you set up for the very lengthy and involved testing process to find out if you have DID instead of schizophrenia.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Betty_Banana, FearLess47