View Single Post
MrMoose

Member Since Nov 2015
64 hugs
given
Default Apr 22, 2019 at 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mybest View Post
Not sure how to maneuver her. I’m married 25 yrs. petrified to start divorce.
Advice please?.
I don’t know you or your situation but the obvious question seems to be WHY are you terrified?

I started divorce proceedings a year and a half ago by moving out. It was terrifying mostly because she had been threatening the most godawful scenarios for over two years if I did divorce her or move out. She did try to do some of those things, but I had a good lawyer (the lawyer cost a lot, but a friend did the same with low-cost legal seevices—it just took her longer). I also realized that a lot of people in the legal system have seen crazy and recognize it: when the court officer told her to “sit down and be quiet” I realized what “legal protection” is all about.

There’s the being single and raising a teenager as a single dad and worrying about lots of things but I’m so much more clear headed and able to think these things through when I’m not living with a barrage of abuse.

Anyway, I don’t know how much of that may sound familiar to you but looking at this site (and deleting history and cookies afterward just in case) was a lifesaver for me.
MrMoose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote