View Single Post
randomer123
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2018
4 hugs
given
Default Apr 22, 2019 at 09:35 AM

Yesterday I said that I could stop the egoic daydreams but others were OK. But I think all of them seem to be egoic, if not as obvious at first. Or almost all, I think the only ones that are OK are the ones where I'm trying to work out an answer to something, these usually take the form of a fake conversation.

But then I'm not sure if those are actually daydreams as such, maybe something else. But even when I'm just daydreaming (fantasising) about things I want and can't have, there is some ego in that. I'm giving myself something I shouldn't have, something I don't deserve, and that sort of thing has to be ego. And what about my daydream/fantasies about M? That's egoic too because I think that some guy will actually want to go out with me! But these are much milder than the showing off ones, so I might not be too harsh on these ones yet. Eventually they will probably have to go though. After all, they do waste time.

So yes, I have to stop all daydreams. Only think about useful things that I need to think about, in whatever way that works, but if I don't have anything useful to think about then don't think at all. And obviously if I'm doing something then I should be concentrating on that. I have stopped every daydream I've started having today and brought my attention back to what I'm doing.
randomer123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote