View Single Post
still_crazy
Grand Poohbah
still_crazy has no updates.

5 yr Member
3,342 hugs
given
Default Apr 22, 2019 at 12:21 PM

there is..."micro-aggression." that's pop social sciences speak for: people are rude as hell these days.

i used to think it was all social class...now, i dont think so. status is an issue, but ive seen some mad micro-aggression aimed towards people of higher status, from people of lower status. so...ok...weird (?). not trying to sound elitist, just...snubs and such are more common from upper status to lower status, its just how society (usually) operates. now, its just...free floating micro-aggression. everybody's angry!

ive dealt with rude people at drive thrus, getting coffee. reasonably well dressed, polite, just...wow....ok. along the same line of thought...

i have relatives who live in a small town area, lived there....nearly 30 years. over I'd say 5-10 years, the -feel- of the neighborhood has shifted, and its accelerated since some elderly people passed away and younger people took over what had been their houses (some related, some bought it, not related). gone are the years of people talking on their front porches, neighborly waves, people asking if they can use a little bit of your yard space to garden (it was awesome, btw)...

there's a coldness, a detachment...with a couple of them, some -definite- micro-aggression, bubbling up. i dont...get it. i dont like it, either. :-(
still_crazy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
saidso