FriendlyJoe

Member Since Nov 2018
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 22, 2019 at 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydeblack View Post
Okay guys. First off, hi again you're all so wonderful here. I hope you're having a good/decent/bearable day and taking care of yourselves.

I have been going through some pretty INTENSE mood changes (I mean from minute to minute) and can't seem to find a helpful therapist that will listen and not straight up call the hospital where they won't treat the problem.

My current roommate is not helping. We will be parting ways in several months because she's graduating, but boy every second with her in unbearable. To keep it short, I seem to be the only person that has put up living with her for three years. Most people I know straight up avoid her... and I can see why now. Her personality hasn't budged a bit. I even wrote several contracts with her stating my boundaries and she still doesn't respect them. She's insulted my work before in front of a group of other students, doesn't listen or care about others and is basically toxic.

The real problem with her is that she thinks of herself very highly and seems to take pleasure in making others suffer. BUT, when it's the other way around, she becomes sheepish and runs away and cries (quite literally).

As many of you probably also do, I live with extreme anger. Now all of it has been directed to my roommate who still doesn't listen to feedback.

Do you guys also have bad roommate stories?

Just kind of feeling alone in this situation despite friends and family understanding irl. Probably because I've been putting up with this for three years and see her every day...

Anyway, sending positive vibes to ya'll, let's leave this on a good note. I have faith that the situation will be resolved but guess I feel like a sucker for not having acted earlier as I was under the impression we were friends.
I can't stand roommates. It really bothers me when they don't clean up after themselves. I honestly enjoyed living totally alone and not have to deal with another person. When I come home and everything is exactly the way I left it.
FriendlyJoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, clydeblack, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
clydeblack, MickeyCheeky