FriendlyJoe

Member Since Nov 2018
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 22, 2019 at 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fern46 View Post
Whatever happened to people politely talking their issues through?

This reminded me of a guy I was in a group therapy session with. A girl kept bumping his chair and he didn't like it. He told me and several others about it. He gave dirty looks. He even scooted his chair over a little. She didn't get the hint. She was manic and on a lot of meds. He finally just left.

I kept wondering to myself why he couldn't say 'excuse me, could you please stop bumping into my chair?' I find that asking someone nicely to stop doing something usually stops the behavior dead in its tracks. You usually get an apology too. I encouraged this guy to speak up. I offered to say something for him, but instead he just left. He literally stewed about it for days when all he needed to do was be brave enough to kindly ask for what he wanted.

Joe... Maybe the person was inconsiderate, but that doesn't mean they are less than or have some sort of disorder. Missing the basic opportunity to speak up politely seems what is out of place to me. You shouldn't have to move your chair. Just move your mouth in the right way. People aren't mind readers and they aren't the idiots you make them out to be. They are just people. Like you.
I didn't say anything the first time and moved forward then the second time in turned and looked which he saw me. The third time I had enough and told him to stop and showed him he had literally 4ft of room. His smile left when I got up and was 1 ft away from his face. Not so funny when the person you're being a **** to is an fearless bipolar people and at that time I didnt care about anything around me or he had a big friend. It doesnt take a rocket science or mind reader that banging your backpack against someone back is a jackass thing to do. Or when they say to stop then have the audacity to smile and give no apologies. I have no problem speaking up and I tried to be considerate and move forward to allow him more space. 4ft of space from my chair to the chair he kept moving to hit mine isn't an accident. Some people do things like this to start a fight or get someone to move. I had a good seat and was already there so if their intention was to make me leave well that wouldnt ever happen I never just leave and I never go without speaking up. I actually speak too much and never back down even it I'll die for it because you have to have fear which I do not. They just bullied the wrong person and everyone saw what 2 *****es looked like.

His big friend tried to stare me down but without fear his eyes changed and realized the mistake him and his jackass friend just created. In an unconventional fight the bigger they are the harder they fall.

So yah he and his friend does have some disorder where he gets joy in being a asshole, they're just all bark and no bite. A look is more than words as he knew he was hitting my chair disrupting my writing. Then when I asked not to do it the smile then got me out of my chair. Also I totally disagree with you about people just like me. You are wrong on many levels. And yes he is less than everyone in that place, maybe he was beaten as a child or tortured but doing the same to others is not an excuse.

What would u do? I'd like to bash your chair over and over and see your reaction. And smile at you when you ask to stop. If you walk away then you just empowered them and allow them to terrorize and that is not who I am. I stand up against those people and if it wasnt me and he was doing it to the people next to me I'd do the same thing. I wont and will never allow that behavior and will stop it. No one deserves to be treated like that. This wasnt a manic person just 2 asshole college kids that thinks because their big they can do what they want.
FriendlyJoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote