View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Apr 22, 2019 at 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightWhistle View Post
No you're right, some of us give out our "love" more freely than others. I'm also not very clear with them about what I want. I don't go in saying "I'm looking for a longterm relationship" because 1) that's gonna scare them off and 2) I also don't know if that's what I want with this particular guy. I think a relationship should develop organically over time.
Hey TheNightWhistle,

My advice about postponing sex still stands. There's a great article in GQ online about your conundrum, "Not Every Gay Man Is DTF." Because it's true, isn't it? You're battling with perceived stereotypes about gay men, in addition to the social pressures and expectations of being a gay man -- to have sex casually with every guy you meet.

Go against the grain and just date without sex on the table. Sure, that will totally feel awkward and even uncomfortable for you. BUT, the upside is, it takes the pressure and expectations OFF you to just enjoy the other guy's company. And if he runs away b/c you won't get DTF within minutes of meeting each other, well, wave goodbye to the guy.

Classy guys -- even the gay ones -- have standards and will wait for the right guy.

So, relax, don't do it, when you wanna go to it. When you want to ----, as our friend Frankie Goes to Hollywood sings. Don't listen to me. Listen to Frankie!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, TheNightWhistle

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, TheNightWhistle, TishaBuv