View Single Post
-jimi-
Jimi the rat

Member Since Dec 2008
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 23, 2019 at 12:19 AM

So someone gave me a bright new idea to try bipo meds for my sleep disorder, especially now that the sun is coming back really quickly here, it changes much faster here than like in USA.

I first shrugged it off since gabapentin was horrific for me and Lyrica was 100x horrific. So I tried Tegretol. It at once put me in a pre go to bed mode. I was so surprised.

If I use this, will it affect me on a low dose in my days as well? I know with gabapentin it slowed me down a lot, slowed down my thinking and my reaction speed was ridiculously low.

My sleep disorder is a mix of DSPS and Non 24. I don't have more insomnia than your average Joe, just once in a while in stressful situations.

Is this a side effect? Will it wear off?

If I bring this up with my doctor, should I ask for Tegretol that I tried, or Trileptal? What is the difference really? If Trileptal is less sedating it is not an option.

This is my last med to try actually. I've gone through them all and since my country is using the ban hammer on what is efficient, my options are getting fewer. One last also is etizolam, that unfortunately is in a legal grey zone here and would cost me loads of money.

I'm curious how I'll feel tomorrow. I'm starting after like an hour to lose the relaxed feeling and going into nausea. Too bad, I planned to eat, LOL.

I wish I could just get my old sleep med back. Or stop being allergic to Ambien...