View Single Post
FearLess47

Member Since Apr 2019
267 hugs
given
Default Apr 23, 2019 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow8 View Post
I feel so miserable. I am trying to be positive but it's hard! I relate to you, Hope, and FearLess. I see a few therapists and they say I will get better. But I just went off Celexa because it didn't help at all. I'm depressed because of the anxiety, or maybe anxious because I'm depressed! This anxiety is debilitating!

I'm supposed to visit my daughter and family (have a lot of grandchildren) in another state. A few hours in car. Going with other daughter and family. I want to go so badly but I'm so anxious! This is in a few days. Therapists say to go! My doctor says to go! I also have sciatic pain from spinal stenosis. One breath at a time is a good idea! It's hard though.
rainbow8,
It is good that you are sharing all of these fears! Why? Because when we share them we give them space to dissipate. And for others to say, "Ugh I hate when I feel that way" and "Me too." Change your goggles for the trip...(even if just for one moment.) Turn them into "adventure" goggles rather than fear goggles. Be curious. Look around. Count the things you see that you wouldn't have seen if you stayed home. Listen for laughter. Tiny moments. Those are your threads to grab onto....

FearLess47
FearLess47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
hope2010, rainbow8

Thanks for this!
dzrtgirl, hope2010, rainbow8