Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
183 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 23, 2019 at 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusax View Post
Ok. I am going to give my honest opinion here. I KNOW that you of the younger generation basically live online, and I realize that perhaps online dating is a quicker way to meet people, and also it broadens your "field" a bit. However... I grew up with no such things. We all did. We all met people and dated. You dated people you knew or met through people who knew them, and could tell you about them, at least basically. Online, you can basically be anyone, and sell anyone on anything. I know a guy around here who brags online to be a big cowboy, that has used a Youtube video, saying that it is HIM riding a bull. My attitude about online dating is, if you have to use it, there is something wrong with you. You have exhausted your opportunities locally and need to reach for those who don't know you or know anything about you. Just my opinion.
I would hesitate to over simplify and say that if someone uses a dating app that there is something wrong with them. There is quite a broad variety of dating apps and with it being online a variety of types of people that use them. Some of them are pretty much for hooking up with others and others are more tailored to finding lifelong relationships.

I will agree that in many cases its not ideal as the sole method for finding dates and agree with some of the points you make about being able to sell anything online. While that's true, one needs to be careful with how they approach people and take security very seriously, not believing everyone is what they say they are, but those things considered, I think it can help people to find the right person, just not, in every case.

@TheNightWhistle: you said that the guys that you get intimate too soon "hit it and quit it" and those that you don't let that happen get bored and leave anyway. Seems to me that it's the quality of men you are meeting. Likely the ones that didn't 'get it" from you and left would have been in the same category as the first that would just be gone afterword anyway. Find better men, and take your time actually getting to know them first. Sex will never be a good basis for a lasting relationship.
s4ndm4n2006 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TheNightWhistle

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, TheNightWhistle