15 yr Member
9,983 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 23, 2019 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLess47 View Post
rainbow8,
It is good that you are sharing all of these fears! Why? Because when we share them we give them space to dissipate. And for others to say, "Ugh I hate when I feel that way" and "Me too." Change your goggles for the trip...(even if just for one moment.) Turn them into "adventure" goggles rather than fear goggles. Be curious. Look around. Count the things you see that you wouldn't have seen if you stayed home. Listen for laughter. Tiny moments. Those are your threads to grab onto....

FearLess47
FearLess, you are amazing! Thank you so much for your response. I had to check your profile to see if you are a therapist! I am lying in bed with an ice pack because 30 minutes of aqua therapy wore me out. It's only 10 minutes from my house but was stressful. I usually feel light headed and weak. I took my blood pressure and blood sugar. Normal. I used to be prediabetic so when I feel shaky I still check my blood sugar. So... I will try to think adventure rather than fear.

I am seeing a CBT therapist for my pain and anxiety and I am trying to change my automatic negative thoughts to more positive ones. Does CBT really help anxiety? I'm also doing biofeedback which shows I need to breathe slower and deeper. These questions are for anyone reading this. Thanks.
rainbow8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote