randomer123
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2018
4 hugs
given
Default Apr 23, 2019 at 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvert View Post
I make similar lists (and have a physical backlog of books). For me, I think it is related to procrastination and perfectionism. I know that I do not have enough time to do all the things I want to do, but I struggle to choose my priorities. Lately I am experimenting with 'doing' vs. 'planning' and feel like that is helping me move forward.
This is exactly how I feel, not enough time to fit things in and choosing what is most important to do. Of course I want to do them all, so it's frustrating. I'm also trying to do things and less thinking and planning.

Yesterday I looked at my list of housework/chores and did most of them then. I did some more this morning and got all that done and out of the way. All that's left is recurring tasks and things I can't do just yet.

I got up early today to get a good early start on things, and had everything done in the morning. This afternoon I had nothing I had to do, so I read a lot and did some other things. I felt so much better and they didn't feel like a chore. I didn't have to plan anything, just did things. I'm hoping I can keep doing that.

The lists, I suppose aren't that bad. I have one for books and one for drawing. I need both. The book list I keep track of which ones I have and which ones I still need to get. I also have the year beside them so I have an idea how old/new they are. And if they are in a series I have that listed in another column so I can easily see what order they need to be read in. I keep them sorted in order of date to help with that.

The drawing list, well sometimes I get inspiration for a drawing when I can't just drop what I'm doing and start drawing. So I need to write those down. That list is very short. The problem was, that I was trying to do them in the order they were added to the list. Now I'm going to do them in the order I want.

I just need to stop restricting myself so much. I never used to be like that and I don't know why it started in the first place. But I can end it as easily as it started. Can't wait to get back to the way I was. Today feels good, I want to be like this every day.
randomer123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote