View Single Post
Chyialee

Member Since May 2015
664 hugs
given
Default Apr 23, 2019 at 12:52 PM

Bill's way works for some folks, and wuite well -- but for those of us who could not do that for various logistic/family reasons, it can help VERY much to look at one's interactions with former-S.O. and decide what added value, or detriment, they seem to be bringing into your life overall. Limiting the amount of access you and S.O. have/amount of contact and presence in each other's PERSONAL life, is pretty much always helpful, imo -- for as long as that's needed.

Meanstwhile: Get busy living your own life and discovering your own goals and finding your own bliss ! and give yourself time. I had to tell myself "OK -- however I feel about this today is all right. I won't try for impossible standards of perfection/moving on . TOmorrow will be different." And if you knew me and what a total perfectionist and FIXER I am, you would realize how difficult that was and what a HUGE step! lol

Very best to you, and huge encouragement. Leaving old emotional connections behind is a Process, NOT an EVENT!

Best,
Chyia, BTDT Brigade
Chyialee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
aimlesshiker, Bill3, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Bill3, MickeyCheeky