View Single Post
Stuck1nhead

Member Since Aug 2016
Default Apr 23, 2019 at 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvyrself View Post
—- as I wrote my post I started to wonder if it is even wise to discuss guns on a mental health website , but the thread did turn out to be diverse and thought provoking. I didn’t mean the op might hurt others , tho from what you say they are investigating that type of ideation. People can get guns whether they r legal or not. As

a former teacher I know that studies do strongly indicate that violent vIdeo games do promote violence (making people more used to violence) tho this infuriates gamers). I moved to Phoenix from LA where attitudes towards gun control are very different. Here they even have concealed carry permits. It has been a good learning experience for me to remember how American history comes into play on this subject. I myself feel safer without guns, and hope that everyone uses their best thinking in deciding whether or not they have the self control necessary to own them.

I too feel like that video games have led to violence becoming more commonplace.

I guess the reason I started seeing firearms as a means to defend myself is due to my educational background. Studying criminal justice for five years can be a real eye opener into the nature some people have. Plus when you talk about crimes committed with firearms pretty all day in classrooms one would get rather paranoid. Even though the US is currently experiencing the lowest crime rate it has ever had. Though the news media would leave one to believe otherwise.
Stuck1nhead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
eskielover, healingme4me, luvyrself