View Single Post
rdgrad15
Magnate
rdgrad15 Keep striving to be happy and maintain a positive mental attitude! :)

5 yr Member
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 23, 2019 at 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulThinker66 View Post
You see I have always viewed the opposite as being unfortunate and unfriendly. I have seen the efforts made not to sit by people as offensive. Maybe this comes from having grown up feeling no one wanted to sit by me. I took people taking seats away from me as appallingly mean - there must be something wrong with me that they don't want to sit beside me. So I guess that is why I make a point of sitting next to people on public transit. I do so not to make them uncomfortable but rather the opposite. It is my way of indicating I accept them. A shame to learn this kind effort is backfiring.

I ask those of you of the mindset this is rude to consider the possible true intent of the next person who sits down beside you. Are they trying to be actually nice and observe some social etiquette perhaps?
It probably varies in different locations with different social norms. Most people don’t talk even when they sit next to me or someone else. That is nice that you want to make others feel good though.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
unaluna