View Single Post
kaleidoscopeheart

Member Since Apr 2017
77 hugs
given
Default Apr 23, 2019 at 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
However, along with being grateful, I do feel slightly awkward about this and don't know how much to talk about it today. I worry a bit that he'll resent me for paying a lower fee, particularly if I opt to come for twice a week more than a few months. I wonder, if I only see him once a particular week, like if one of us is out of town or sick, do I offer to pay his full fee that time? Should I feel bad if I mention going out to dinner or show up in a new shirt, wondering if he'll be thinking, "She could have used that money to pay me"? But the idea was really more, I don't want all income beyond the basic necessities to have to go to therapy, I still want to be able to go on a date night with H, attend yoga class (which T supports--and they're like a net of $13.50 a class with a particular pass I get), etc. And I think T would understand that. But I don't know if I should bring up those concerns? I mean, for all I know, I'm one of his few clients who was actually paying the full fee, especially as he sees some college students. So maybe this is no big deal at all to him. And I don't want to make it into some big thing. I guess I'll just see how I feel today, express appreciation that he's working with me on fees and maybe not making some big deal unless he does. Or if, say, a month from now I'm feeling awkward about it.
For starters, I have really enjoyed reading your posts and I feel like you and I approach therapy in a very similar way. That being said, I totally think that you should bring it up with him. You seem to be more than willing to bring up the hard and uncomfortable topics with him and this shouldn't be any different. I understand how hard it is to talk about but, if you are like me, not talking about it will just allow that fear and insecurity to fester and that is never a good thing. I have complete faith that you can do it though and that your T will handle it really well.
kaleidoscopeheart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight