View Single Post
bpforever1
Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
1,598 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 23, 2019 at 06:26 PM

I was married once. I was similar to you for awhile thinking that being with somebody was better than being alone. Now, I'm older and am happier to be alone. I do have family though. I was always thinking that it would be nice to be with anybody. However, I have come to terms with myself and realize that nobody can deal with my illness. I also am happy to do things alone. I don't have to accommodate to anybody and just do what I like when I want. I am happier now. I don't want the responsibility of taking care of others either. I am free and am happy when I think it could have been worse if I had children given my illness. I really wanted to be with someone too before. But, it is nice to be free from the entanglement and burdens of being with another person. My family always tell me to remain single. But, I really don't care what they say. I am happier being alone since it is my choice.

Anyways, enough about me. I think you should try free dating sites. You should find them easily on the Internet. I don't really think these sites are useful for long-term relationships though. I think if you are really lonely then you should join local meetups. I think meetups are a nice way to meet people too. I also dated people with mental illness vs. those without. I think you should meet all kinds of people. I think once you feel better, you probably will take the opportunity to meet more people. I would just take your time to recover and focus on yourself until you are ready to meet others.

Last edited by bpforever1; Apr 23, 2019 at 06:59 PM..
bpforever1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote