View Single Post
FearLess47

Member Since Apr 2019
267 hugs
given
Default Apr 23, 2019 at 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyjay View Post
That's awesome. A trauma /EMDR therapist with DID experience can make a huge difference. The T I see now has been the most effective one I have ever had. That's not to say I did not learn really important things from my other therapists. But I feel like the others prepared me for the work I need to do now with trauma/EMDR T. Its awesome that you are able to continue to see your regular T too.

Let us know how it goes!
For amyjay and anyone else interested in how my first visit with the new trauma therapist went....

Oh man. Scary. Nerve racking. But amazing. So different than what I have experienced in the past. I felt seen. Maybe it is just because I am somewhat ready to be seen. I have to allow it so save my own self. It will be a long road. But I feel hopeful.

In 2012 I feel like I was somewhat thrown into the deep end with my first EMDR therapist. I didn't know how to say no. I didn't understand how much I dissociated allllllll my life. And I also felt so afraid of EMDR. In some ways it was just as traumatizing as other icky things in life.

New T said we are not even going to contemplate EMDR or any other somatic type of stuff until we have gotten to know each other a little bit, and that I feel safe enough to move into the deeper end.

Thanks for being here.

FearLess47
FearLess47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Amyjay

Thanks for this!
amandalouise, Amyjay