View Single Post
FearLess47

Member Since Apr 2019
267 hugs
given
Default Apr 23, 2019 at 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyjay View Post
That's awesome! Slowly does it for sure... I've been over 18 months with this trauma therapist and she says we are still nowhere near ready to start trauma processing yet. I am eager, but it's a no-go still. In my experience seeing a therapist who is properly trained in trauma treatment and very experienced with dissociative disorders is a game-changer. For me it felt like this is when the "real work" started. However, I never would have been ready to do the work that needs doing without all the therapy I have had before.
How often will you see her?
True. It is important to remember that none of it was a waste of time...and rather a stepping stone to today. I will see her weekly starting in May, and will likely not see my other therapist in the long run. I was wondering about this, and not sure how it would work to have both. I will see a new psychiatrist next week, to do a full assessment and review the medications I am on. I saw my primary care doctor yesterday and told him about all these changes. It is a lot of change, but I feel supported by a team.

I have the additional challenge of chronic pain and am recovering from spine surgery #4...so I also see an osteopathic physical therapist and my surgeon. For once, though, it feels like a collaboration.

I know this will be important as I start to discuss the DID...I have been in a battle with myself for so long, trying to run from me. It is a relief to even imagine the possibility of healing.

FearLess47
FearLess47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote