View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,037 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 24, 2019 at 06:25 AM

Ugh, my boss is absolutely useless. She's been out the last few days. No long leave has been announced yet ,but I imagine it's only a matter of time. Anyways, these days we only have one full-time editor and a freelancer who works as much/little as she wants. Our boss has typically picked up the slack. That has its own annoyances since she tries to find fault with everything I do, but at least my work gets edited/published and counts towards my monthly stats.

There is really no contingency plan for when she can't help pick up the slack. She hires and hires researchers when what we really need is another editor, at least part-time.

I was looking at the editing queue. I've sent maybe 20 things to be edited since late last week. NOTHING of mine has been edited in the last three work days while others have had 5-15 things edited. Only the full-time editor is editing. The other person who is having this problem is F, the other veteran of the team - she's been at the job nearly as long as me. I feel a bit suspicious when these things happen. It's not the first time, and it's always my work and hers that is not being looked at. She's another who is not in the boss' favorite clique. Of course if you bring it up, you are told there's nothing to be done and that there will be no lenience in calculating stats due to this. Absolute BS.
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote