View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Apr 24, 2019 at 11:52 AM

"If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh?"

- Shylock, The Merchant of Venice

Happy Crafter, what I appreciate about your thread idea is the element of humanizing a forum for folks living with mental illness. Sometimes in society, we are perceived as broken and hopelessly fragile....sometimes strange....or at worst....dangerous. Threads about coffee lovers or humor can unify and comfort us with the reminder that we are just as human as everyone else. We enjoy coffee, laugh at goofy jokes, appreciate a gorgeous sunset. Shylock was endeavoring to highlight the humanity of Jewish folks and I think his words also ring true for folks living with mental illness. A while ago, there was a wonderful thread on the Women's Forum where members posted pictures of handsome men and shared their crushes. I thought it was wonderful....women logging onto PC struggling with depression and anxiety could join the thread and just feel like regular women for a few moments.

I obviously don't make the call but I think your jokes thread could comfort many. For folks who would not appreciate a jokes thread, perhaps they could skip it?

Thank you for sharing Happy Crafter!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter, unaluna