View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Apr 24, 2019 at 12:16 PM

My dad FINALLY managed to get all the way into a psych hospital/alcohol rehab (dual diagnosis ward). He's been there since yesterday afternoon. Luckily it's one only 15 mins drive from my home and about 30 mins drive from my siblings' homes. We're visiting him there tonight. I called to talk to him about an hour ago to check that he wants visitors tonight. He does. Of course now his fickle "What a predicament! Wish I wasn't here!" kicked in. He starts ranting that he thinks he'll be in the psych hospital for the rest of his life. He probably already asked to be discharged, but of course that wouldn't happen right away. He totally changes his tune on things 180 degrees. His illness talking.

His girlfriend asked if she can visit him, but I told her in a very nice and diplomatic way to let some days pass. Somehow either my uncle caught the drift that something's up with my dad or he wondered why he wasn't home with all the cars in the driveway. He called my sister as I was finishing my call to her. I told her it would be best not to encourage my uncle to get involved. Believe me! If he showed up during visiting hours and did harm, I swear I would challenge him to a fist fight. He's an a...whole.

The situation is stressful even though it's hopefully a step in the right direction for my dad.

Last edited by Anonymous46341; Apr 24, 2019 at 12:48 PM..

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, BeyondtheRainbow, bizi, fern46, gina_re, Innerzone, Nammu, Sunflower123, TheSeaCat, Unrigged64072835, wildflowerchild25