View Single Post
catsullivan91

Member Since Apr 2019
Default Apr 24, 2019 at 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
Does anyone have any little things that help them calm down and focus, stay grounded ?

One thing I have is a worry stone. It's just a small smooth oval moss agate stone I bought. It's nice to hold and helps me relax and focus a little better. It's also pretty and a deep green and part of it has some smoky grey color. Reminds me of mature. I also have a small coin my sister got me when I got baptized and confirmed this past Easter. It has a quote from the book of Isaiah on one side, and the other side has a dove and "Confirmed in Christ" on it. It helps remind me of my faith and when I went through the RCIA process at my church.

I know there's tons of things people use to stay grounded and calm. Stress balls, fidget things. etc.
I was awarded two challenge coins from the director of the hospital where I work, for going above and beyond. I keep one in each pocket and when I start to spiral and feel like I'm not good enough and my anxiety is playing a reel of mistakes I've made or... (fill in the blank) I just put my hands in my pockets and hold the coins.
If it's a real bad day I'll take them out and look at them.
catsullivan91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird