View Single Post
Rive1976
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2018
144 hugs
given
Trig Apr 24, 2019 at 08:24 PM

****** TW ( talk of animal euthunsia, someone almost getting bit, etc.)Ok, so today I was talking to my therapist about how sometimes I feel like a different person. For instance my daughter almost got bit in the face once. I sat there watching the situation unfold kind of excitedly. The dog was acting strange I watched as she got closer to my daughter and I just sat there watching eagerly to what might happen. There was a part of me in the background that new it wasnt right but the other part was the main one up front. Other times when I felt like me I was quick to be a protective parent. I have been like this in many other situations as well. We used to have to euthanize kittens. I would avoid it or cry sometimes other times when I was feeling more like the other part (who I have been aware of since my twenties and named her Thorne) I would actually volunteer sometimes. Today my therapist said she thinks its possible I dissociate when Thorne takes over. How can I be in a dissociative state and still be aware of her emotions? (I cant ask a therapist because I am in between therapists right now.)
Rive1976 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote