View Single Post
shadowwoof

Member Since Apr 2019
Post Apr 24, 2019 at 08:32 PM

I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome when I was still in primary school, and back then I had serious noise sensitivity issues, to the point where I couldn't really function whenever there was any sort of unstructured social event. Friends were scarce, and I preferred the company of books, to the point of almost becoming dependent on them. I always filled my pockets with trinkets to fiddle with. Things changed soon after I got the diagnosis. I left the school I was in, and let's just say it wasn't the best environment. I think that's a topic for another thread.

Anyways, I never really got a knack at making friends, but I've improved in terms of my noise tolerance, and I feel like I pass as fairly normal. I still struggle with socialization though. I feel like I straddle both worlds, not really belonging in either. I don't really have any sort of specialized support system for this. I don't even think my parents realize that I still have major issues with it. I just feel outside of things a bit.
shadowwoof is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
BehindtheScenes, MickeyCheeky