Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 25, 2019 at 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill3 View Post
I would guess that districts vary and by asking around you might find some (or private schools) that appreciate your approach to teaching.
I’d say unless you teach at a totally unique private school that historically have very different approach (but keep in mind that private schools do not pay even close to what the most destitute public schools pay), there is no guarantee that this approach remains for duration of one’s career. Approach is known to be switched in a blink of an eye with new administration/curriculum change/stare requirement change.

One of the important quality that teachers have to possess is flexibility. Things might not be the same the very next day and what’s that you hoped to accomplish will be unattainable so you’d have to switch gears.

Also even if there are schools that appeal to you specifically, what’s the chance of getting a job there? Do they hire? Would they hire someone with zero experience if the school is that unique?

I am speaking from experience and observing people that if one goes into teaching because there is something specific they want to teach that they think others don’t teach or they want to teach in a specific kind of unique schools, that’s rarely works in a long run. By that I mean they wouldn’t even make it through the first year. Let alone a career.

If you want to “teach”, then it will work in a long run. You might end up in an ideal environment or you might not. That can’t be your goal realistically. Your first job will likely be in whatever district hires at the moment. And you’d be happy you got a job and you do your best and hopefully you love it because that’s what you want to do. Teach: no matter where. Make a difference. Have a job that brings satisfaction. Have fun because it’s fun for you anywhere you teach. Love to be with kids or teens etc All those reasons. Plus of course get your paycheck and be able to pay your bills.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Bill3, MickeyCheeky, unaluna