View Single Post
Anonymous55879

Default Apr 25, 2019 at 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowinners View Post
I am currently grading student achievement tests (remotely) for a company called Pearson (a UK Corp) and am certifying with VIP kids (a Chinese company) to teach English remotely
Only mentioned these jobs (though I did not state it explicitly) to show that there are many jobs in education that do not require an advanced degree (these only require a bachelors in any field) and that you can get into this field without paying for additional education. Though these to jobs do not have benefits. that the Chinese company provides an ESOL Certification might lead to another more substantial job. These are work as much or little as you want when you want jobs and the work is not guaranteed, it is based on the companies needs. The Chinese company pays via 1099 so I would even have to do my own payroll/payroll taxes.

Back when I worked in Public Schools, many of them paid for additional certifications while you worked. These programs are not for the faint of heart because you are teaching full time while taking on extensive educational studies.

I was on disability from October 2015 to February 2018. I was a mess while I was on disability (I was still working a little bit for Pearson but my performance was bad) and got into the workforce again by being a security guard for Athletic Events and Concerts--anything to show recent work experience on my resume. I will say that the one great thing about that job is that they are always happy to provide me with a good reference and I still work there just enough so that I have them for this and because you never know when an additional job could come in handy because you need money.

I never new what I wanted to be when I grew up. I have always found myself trying a little bit of everything but never really had a successful career. I now think that I didn't "climb the ladder" the way that many my college peers did because of my mental health issues. In my case, I am not sure I can handle the stress of being a full time classroom teacher or want that kind of stress in my life again.

Not saying what you should do--only that what we end up doing is so different for everyone. BTW, I am not surprised to hear that you were an English Lit major. Your communication skills are excellent.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, saidso

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky