View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 25, 2019 at 07:07 AM

To all honesty I just really don’t understand age difference concern. This is wedding shower, those are attending by women including women related to a bride, could be her mom and grandma and aunt in presence and sometimes grandmas or moms friends who obviously are older. There could be people of any age. You likely won’t be alone older than others. Maybe if you were 90. If you are invited to a birthday party would you be concerned that people are younger or older than you?

Not knowing others could be a legitimate worry but at one point you don’t know anyone when you go places like a new job or new social group. Could you push yourself out of your comfort zone? You have great communication skills and I bet you can converse about things.

Have you been to other wedding showers? Typically you’ll eat and drink likely sitting down. Then bride will be opening gifts and you’ll be clapping. And then you’ll have dessert and go home. Maybe they’ll play stupid games which could be good because you’d be forced to participate. But other than that you likely will just sit at the table.

I do understand how it could be a drag but I was really puzzled by age comment. Is it an excuse or is it for real? I go to high school graduation parties when invited. Lol talk about age difference ...or boredom. haha I typically just give my gift, eat what’s there (often terrible food) and converse with whoever is there and then make my exit. Nothing to sweat about

Don’t fuss about it. Go and if it is not a good experience then you tell us about it and we will all laugh. I personally want to hear about this shower especially if they play terrible games lol
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote