Thread: New to Latuda
View Single Post
Hk0704

Member Since Apr 2019
Default Apr 25, 2019 at 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
You posted this quite a few days ago now. Hopefully your sleep-related problems have gone by the wayside. I'm certainly no expert with regard to the effects of psych med's. There are others, here on PC, who know much more about it than I. But from what experience I have had I would say absolutely both starting new med's as well as changing med's can mess with a person's sleep.

I recall the first time I was on a hospital psych ward, they put me on Effexor. The first night I was on it I was so jittery all I did was pace the whole night. The next day the psychiatrist switched me to Effexor XR. And after that I was better. But I've had sleep-related problems with other psych med's as well. So whenever I have gone onto a new med, or started to switch med's, I've always asked my prescriber for a prescription for a sleep medication just in case. Typically what I have taken has been Trazadone.
Believe it or not. After my second day on this med when I made this post on PC, I had to go to the ER for Serotonin Syndrome from adding the Latuda. It was so scary, so I am officially off of the Latuda.
Hk0704 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
gina_re, still_crazy, xRavenx

Thanks for this!
still_crazy