Fuzzybear
Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Trig Apr 25, 2019 at 10:02 AM

Thanks Ice,
You’re always helpful. Those who tell you otherwise.... maybe... are disdainful and not trustworthy...

My inner child isn’t dead. The “adult” me is ..... a labelling therapist (irl) maybe wasn’t completely without “insight” .... but I won’t repeat those cruel words. They weren’t meant to help...

It’s sad when “insight” is used to harm. When “adults” violate and blame a child with a shred of “truth” - as if beating a child enough would make them a “better” person. I think not. those of us who have survived such violations and still try to be kind and are basically “good” people deserve respect. Imho.

Btw I’ve been dumped again by a t (“therapist”) irl but I’m not surprised. They didn’t seem to know what they were doing. But it still hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCreamKid View Post
Fuzzy, you are clearly going through something right now. I wish I could help. I don't seem to be very helpful to anyone, but let me try here. Being blamed or harshly berated is no way to treat anyone. About anything. If someone actually did something wrong, then a simple admission, apology and an attempt to put it right should be all that is required. But people are complicated and complicit. There are some people who are so devoid of humanity they will never admit or see their own wrongdoing. Walk away from them. They mean you no good.

Anyone berating you for having feelings is pushing away their own guilt. No one wants to hear this, but I'll say it because it is what saved me: walk away.

If someone is physically abusing you, call your emergency services. Now. It doesn't matter if you are not bruised and bleeding, call them and ask for the help you need.

My "inner child" is dead. I was the walking dead for far too many years. Now I am all adult and I am okay with that. Being an adult lets me make my own decisions for my own well-being. Something to think about.

Hugs from:
eskielover, Thirty shades