View Single Post
Anonymous49426

Default Apr 25, 2019 at 11:06 PM

I need to bounce this off someone.

I have been stress eating SO MUCH.

I am seeing someone. He's a nice guy. He is respectful. We are not in an official relationship, and it probably will not get to that point. I already posted about him once here, and got a lot of strange replies hung up on his age (there's a substantial age difference between us). I had it taken down because peoples judgmental replies stressed me out. Please do not be judgmental or presume things. If you're wondering, just ask. But I need kindness.

First I ate, because I was insecure about some things. That is better now. Now I'm eating because...I feel empty. There's something about him / us, that doesn't resonate with me. I'm not head over heels for him. It took me a while to get to this point, where I'm openly admitting this, to myself as well. It feels like there is a lacking type of connection that I feel like I need. I keep getting caught up in the fact that he's a good person, respects me, and we like each other (i.e. so I should stay). I don't know what to do. It feels lukewarm now.

I don't feel like we emotionally connect. I mean, we connect on a basic level I guess. But I don't know. I am getting fat due to all this night stress / emotional eating. I don't feel empowered. I feel...blank.

I do like him. And I have been sexually attracted to him. Sometimes I am not though.

I don't want this to be a thing I look at in absolutes (Black and white thinking / either I'm in or I'm out). I woke up this morning, and thought to myself "I still want him in my life." Usually with guys it's the opposite. I wake up and am like omg, get away from me what was I thinking.

I am also afraid to end it. Not because I'm afraid of the act of ending it (though I'm not looking forward to that). It's more because I'm afraid I'll make the wrong decision, and want to change my mind, and he won't be there. I also would probably quit my class that he is in with me. It's not a big loss, to be honest, the class, though.

Please help. I have no idea what I am doing. I have not idea what to do. I might tell him I would like space for a week to think.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous55879

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky